As a player on the world stage, we strive to make a real difference. It is an ambition that we drive through the whole organization and to each individual member of our global team.
Edwards is a leading global supplier of integrated solutions for the manufacture of semiconductors, flat panel displays, LEDs and solar cells and a leader in vacuum technology for industrial, pharmaceutical, chemical, scientific, process, glass coating and food packaging industries as well as a wide range of R&D applications.
We employ around 3000 people worldwide in the design, manufacture and support of high technology vacuum and exhaust management equipment. We offer a wide range of other pumping technologies and related products, supported by an international sales and service organization.
We have an opening for a Field Service Technician in Albany, NY.
Field Service Technician will provide electro-mechanical technical support at our customer site in Albany, NY. The primary responsibilities include performing equipment installation, diagnostic testing, and trouble shooting equipment as well as preventative maintenance.
The principle activities for this position will be:
* Commission setup and test equipment.
* Troubleshoot errors or failures to root cause.
* Preventative maintenance tasks on products.
* Recommend or undertake remedial action to restore product to normal operating condition.
* Demonstrate or train correct PM and/or operation of equipment. May be asking to operate equipment in a production mode.
* Completes and maintains various documentation and computer systems used in the execution of work as required.
* Develops and maintains rapport with customers ensuring customer satisfaction.
To be successful in this position, a candidate must have:
* 1 or more years experience in the electro-mechanical field from the semiconductor industry.
* Experience with vacuum or abatement systems a plus.
* Able to read engineering and electrical drawings.
* The ideal candidate will have high school diploma, GED or the equivalent such as commercial school or military training.
* Commutable distance to the Albany, NY location.
Excellent compensation with benefits that provide flexibility, choice, family coverage, financial security - they are all yours with The Edwards family of benefits.