Welcome to our world!
As a player on the world stage, we strive to make a real difference. It is an ambition that we drive through the whole organization and to each individual member of our global team.
Edwards is a leading global supplier of integrated solutions for the manufacture of semiconductors, flat panel displays, LEDs and solar cells and a leader in vacuum technology for industrial, pharmaceutical, chemical, scientific, process, glass coating and food packaging industries as well as a wide range of R&D applications.
We employ around 3000 people worldwide in the design, manufacture and support of high technology vacuum and exhaust management equipment. We offer a wide range of other pumping technologies and related products, supported by an international sales and service organization. We have an opening for a Safety, Health & Environmental Manager in Strongsville, OH.
This position is responsible for ensuring that all Edwards staff and all those who work in our businesses in locations in USA and Mexico carry out their roles safely and with minimum adverse impact on the environment. Specifically, this position plays a major role in reducing or eliminating accidents by troubleshooting safety issues, monitoring regional EHS performance, and conducting regular site audits. The Safety, Health and Environmental manager will also produce policies and programs as required by the General Manager of Safety.
• Bachelor of Science degree in related field; Safety certification preferred (e.g. NASP CSM, CSA or equivalent)
• The job holder must be an accomplished safety manager with a track record of improved safety performance.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in Safety Engineer role with Industrial equipment manufacturing organization.
• Strong communication skills, organisational awareness and impact and influencing skills area prerequisite.
• Self Starter, effective time manager and effective line manager.
• Assertive, diplomatic with a good appreciation of business and commercial issues.
This position requires 50% travel to Edwards locations, primarily in the United States. Additional travel and/or international travel may be necessary.